Who is this training for?
What is a Jet Orientation Course (JOC)?
Jet Orientation Course (JOC), sometimes called Jet Orientation Training (JOT), is a combination of theoretical training and simulator training, and is designed to ensure a smooth transition from smaller piston engine aircraft to bigger jets. Indeed, basic flight training is usually conducted in small piston airplanes, where students learn the basics of flying. Jet Orientation Course develops pilot’s handling skills and spatial awareness within the jet environment. The changing dynamics of the different phases of flight, its entire management, the considerable decrease in reaction time as a consequence of a substantial increase of the aircraft speeds, are all factors that make this course very important, as it will guide you through this very sophisticated transition. Many airlines require to have taken a JOC before applying for a pilot position, since it provides a solid foundation for a successful simulator assessment.
The course enables you to develop the handling skills, knowledge and confidence to successfully manipulate a narrow-body aircraft (B737NG). Courses are conducted by professional instructors (captains, SFI, TRI), highly experienced in this type of aircraft. We can ensure you complete this essential stage of your career to the highest standards. They will share with you their years and thousands of hours of flight experience and training, to help you get more benefits from this training.
You will fly on one of our fixed-base state-of-the-art B737NG simulators, which provide a very realistic jet flying experience. As a job seeker pilot, it is a huge advantage for you to have done the Jet Orientation Course, where the principles of how to fly an advanced jet are taught. You will find the experience from the Jet Orientation Course very useful in interviews and assessments for pilot jobs, as well as during the first Type Rating course.
|There is currently no programmed session. Feel free to contact us for more information|
- CPL license, IR/ME and Frozen ATPL
- Certificate of Multi Crew Cooperation (MCC) Course completion
- English: at least ICAO Level 4
Typical session program
- Day 1: Theory
- Day 2 to Day 4: Practical Training
- Manual: the JOC course
- Training file: kept by the student and returned to the instructor at the end of the course
- Theory: discussion with the instructor about the content of JOC course
- Practical training: exercises in the simulator.
Technical ground training covers :
- Revision of Jeppesen introduction topics
- Aerodynamic principles : High speed aircraft, Mach, buffet limits, ..
- Meteo : chart analysis, TAF and METAR decode (in depth), icing, ..
- Operational documents : flight plan, perfos, T/O and landing analysis, ..
- Modern aircraft equipment : FMS, FMGS, ..
- Use of all automation systems : Autopilot and flight director, ..
- Review of basic aircraft systems : electrical, hydraulic, fire protection, ..
Simulator training program
- Jet Handling with strong focus on manual flying
- Normal and non normal procedures
- ILS, non ILS approaches and GA
- Engine failure
- Checklist phylosophy and use in normal and non-normal conditions
- Engine failure and handling on one engine operating (Approach, landing, go around)
- Crosswind takeoff and landing technique
- Use of automation and FMS
- Correct standard crew communications and flight
12 hours in state-of-the-art B737NG simulator (three 4 hours sessions in the simulator, 6h as PF and 6h as PM)
- Day 2 (4 hours)
- Day 3 (4 hours)
- Day 4 (4 hours)
Each simulator session is preceded by a briefing, and is followed by a debriefing in order to optimize the time spent in the cockpit.
Subject to availability and schedule, you will also have the option of attending simulator sessions as a backseat observer.
- JOC flight training handbook
- briefings and evaluations
- theoretical courses
- simulator sessions
- course certificate at successful completion of the course
- Accommodation and travel are at your own expense and responsibility (feel free to ask for support in choosing and/or booking your accomodation)